Home page    » HISTORY    » Azerbaijani khanates    » Garabakh khanate   

Garabakh khanate

  


align=
It was founded in 1748. Its foundation laid by Panahali khan Javanshir. The khanate had borders with Garadagh khanate from south, Nakhichevan khanate from south-west, Sheki and Shamakhy khanates from north, Ganja khanate from north-west, Iravan khanate from west and Javad khanate from east. The center of khanate was Shusha city. It was divided into 21 mahals (Chalbayir, Kabirli, Javanshir, Zangazur, Mehri, Bargushat, Gafan, Garacharly etc). Ibrahimkhalil khan tried to unite Azerbaijani lands. In 1805 Garabagh khanate was annexed by Russia and in 1822 khanate was abolished by tsar decree.

Ruling khans:                          
1748-1763  Panahali khan
1763-1806  Ibrahimkhalil khan






Oxunub: 34450



Azərbaycan Televiziyaları
İnternet Radio