Home page    » TOURISM    » Historical tourism facilities    » Gakh   

Gakh

  


Chinli tower

align=
The tower was built on right side of the highway road leading to Ilisu village, at left banks of  Kurmukchay on the rocks. The area 5 kilometers from the mountain near the village of Ilisu is called by the local population as Qala valley. The tower is built in the VII-IX centuries. The castle built on the rock extrusion could preserve its integrity. This type of fortified tower consists of fortress walls and towers. To observe the surrounding area from towers and walls and to sue   infantry weapons so called loopholes are available here.

Sumuq tower 

align=
One of the historical and architectural monuments in Ilisu village of XVII-XVIII centuries, the defense tower. River stone, lime solution and baked bricks were used in the construction of Tower. Tower has a square shape, and gets narrowed by going up. On walls of two floors of four-storied tower 1 window and 2 loopholes were installed. The outside walls of those floors were plastered with mortar. In comparison the 4th floor of the Tower was circled with windows of larger size.

Ulu korpu - Great Bridge

align=
Ulu korpu can be related to XVII- XVII centuries. The bridge was built in the area of narrowing of flow of Kurmukchay, on rock extrusions, of river stone, lime solution, and baked brick. All people of village took part in the construction of the bridge. In addition to the building materials light-colored eggs were used as a liquid in the construction of bridge. The bridge built by Ilisu skilful masters, the names of which remain still unknown, now is used, too.

Hasan Khan Tower 

align=
The tower is located near to Qaxbash village, on the right bank of the river Kurmuk. It consists of towers and castle walls. Object is considered to be of defensive purpose. Two layer loopholes in towers and windows and loopholes in walls are available here. The castle was built of river stone and lime solution. The date of construction of tower relates to the XIX century.  . 
Qalaja (Shamil Castle)

align=
The history of the construction of this monument dates to the middle of the XIX century, and it was built on Yezlidagh, one of the mountains surrounding the village of Ilisu. The round shape castle has 7.4 meters in diameter. The river stone and lime was used in constructing of castle and loopholes are available for firing and observing. There is trolley path from village to castle.  Qalaja is also known among local population as Shamil\'s fortress and is preserved by state as historical- architectural monuments.

Haji Tapdiq and Sheikh Yunis Imra tomb 

align=
These monuments were built in Onjallı village of the Gakh region, in the cemetery located inside of forest, on the graves of prominent personalities. Cemetery is known among locals with the name of Oghuz. Both tombs were surrounded with wall of a height of one meter built from river stone. The grave of Sheikh Yunis was built in 1400 by Mirza Chalabi Sultan ibn Muhammad ibn Muhammad Zaman ibn Imam Ali and the grave of Haji Tapdiq in 1786 by Sheikh Mirza Chalabi and Sheikh Salman ibn-Salih. Abodes of Tapdiq baba and Sheikh Yunis were once one of political-ideological centers of great activity at the international caravan trade routes.



Oxunub: 158243



Azərbaycan Televiziyaları
İnternet Radio